Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 26: Hocus Pocus

"She had a womanly instinct that clothes possess an influence more powerful over many than the worth of character or the magic of manners."

Louisa May Alcott

The magic of manners.  Such a lovely thought for such poignantly pitiful sentiment.  The idea of clothes wielding such an authority makes me ill.  But accessories!  Well that's a whole 'nother story.

I do love the word talisman!  From the antique compass that I wear & clutch when I need to remember my "way" to the glass locket that holds a pull from Sweet's nuptial brunch & bids blessing to "blossoming relationships" . . . an adornment on a mission has (sometimes quite literally) my name written all over it.  Here's to the magic of a well-mannered idol.


Today, I'd like you to consider a mannerism that you'd like to cultivate.  Then document, through the use of photograph, caption and Instagram, the something old or something new that you'll wear to make the magic happen. #HocusPocus and . . .

#28Days

No comments: