Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Meet the Parents

This time last week, I was getting ready to meet my friend Fatma at Rabbit Box. That seems like several lifetimes ago. When my prayer list was much lighter. I'm not up to writing, with any specificity, about this week. The highs and lows have left me pretty exhausted. So I'll just say that I'm grateful we have a house to live in. Cars to drive. Running water. Electricity. Even air. Even air to breathe, I am grateful for. And Fatma. Always Fatma.

The theme of last week's Rabbit Box was "The Birth of a Parent." And Fatma was a member of the ensemble. One of the most authentic ensembles I've ever seen. And, for me, THE most poignant. So please, treat yourself to these stories. They made me realize that I've had many births as a parent. Exquisite and excruciating in fairly equal-ish measure. Still chewing on IF I should ever even write about them, I was mesmerized by each of these human beings' ability to speak their stories aloud, on a stage, in front all those people.

Thank. Me. Later. 

Thank you Fatma for always remembering to capture the moment!

These are the ones I was able to find. I added them in order. If there are more, I'll update.

Fatma Gurel

Mir Kamin

Kate Wicker

Jody Thompson

Jeff Cymerman

Heather Reed

Dave Bloyer

No comments: