Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"On the first day of Christmas . . . "

a
It seems that the gifts I’ve been showered with lately wouldn’t fit underneath any tree.

A New Office:

Oh Spud! I don’t believe it! I’m a chain!” Truvy

The tale of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s Nick Carraway begins after renting a bungalow next door to Gatsby’s mansion in the Nouveau Riche Neighborhood of West Egg. It was at a table on the Nouveau Chic West Side of Atlanta where my adventure began . . . a culinary adventure of addictive proportions! From the Fried Green Tomato Breakfast Wrap to the Coca-Cola Cupcakes – I was captivatingly enamored! The Pumpkin Pie Latte, the Tres Leches, the delicate layering of sweet tea basted turkey, Que sauce, green tomato slaw and jack cheese they grill and call a Redneck Reuben . . . my eyes are glassy just typing about it! I’ve yet to even gaze upon the Butterbean Hummus, the Georgia Benedict, or the Pimiento Cheese Omelet. And I’m having dreams about something they call spiced honey butter, which I’ve never even so much as slathered a biscuit with. Opened by Jennifer Johnson a self-proclaimed “recovering attorney,” West Egg Cafe will serve quite nicely (for my business expansion to Atlanta) as my Capital City base of operations. Did I mention that they have the BEST brunswick stew I've ever slurped?

A Festive Atmosphere:

Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window.” Ralphie

A birthday party for Lauren Summers found me playing Apples to Apples and Scattergories with the focus of a chap whose eyes were on the Heisman. A Soiree at Grant’s led me backstage to watch Little Miss Walden’s Daddy (I’m not sure if you’re aware but he’s a famous Air Guitarist) put on an impromptu performance that KILLED it. Add some cold fried chicken (just how we like it), warm beer, and a former Capricorn Limo Faux-pilot propped up on the bar & you have the makings of a proper Big House Museum Opening Eve. “Baby it got cold outside” and, to keep warm, I drank brown liquor on the Derek Trucks River Shuttle Bus at Fly South Fest . . . note: find alternate source of heat next year. I Toasted Laura Seydel’s fashion sense and her hubby’s dance moves at the XMAS Party. And I picked GrandMa’s strawberries with Virginia Tyson at The Rowley’s. ‘Tis the season!

Friends To Share It All With:

When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion . . . love actually is all around.” David

The world has opened up its arms to me lately and I’ve made so many new friends. Kate and I had coffee over which we discussed the “Power of Nice." She’s really just amazingly refreshing. Marcie Hodgens is the most adorable human being I have ever met! Natalie . . . we MUST get together again – immediately. And I have a sneaky suspicion that Caitlin, Ralph, Cindy & Andy are going to change my life. A Toast to New Friends. A Toast to Old Friends. Jan, Amy, Brendan . . . smile. Who would have thunk that I would run into Mike Lyons on the dance floor at The Tabernacle?

But THE Toast goes to a cup of coffee (and pistachio laden chocolate) that I shared with Beth Tucker as her two adorable children played in the next room. Beth’s husband Kent and I have quite a bit in common - including a taste for cherry coke, classic R&B . . . and the fact that we both think that Beth is as good as it gets.

Dear Santa,

What more could I possibly ask for?

aS

Doctor Turvey Suggests . . .

San Fransisco's Niman Ranch Pork Belly Springrolls & A Mexican Mule

(Ooh Girl It Is Sooo) Hot This Week . . .

Happy Birthday! David Higdon & Jamie Weatherford

NewTown Getdown

Jingle Mingle

Mercer University Children's Choir

A Christmas Carol at The Grand

Christmas in the (Dog) Park

No comments: