Monday, September 15, 2008

Up Where We Belong!

. . . And Gettin' High In Bolingbroke
a
Aquaman lists, among his many powers, a mystically enchanted left hand and the ability to dehydrate . . . therefore, I limited myself to only one of the signature drinks named after him. But I will say that I'm all about a "tall drink of water" with magic hands - so maybe I should have had a couple more.
a
I am so proud that our darling little city supports the Arts Community so feverishly . . . especially so - it would seem - when there's a little somp-in, somp-in to get the temperature risin'. Macon - the old girl just might be a bit more progressive than she appears at first glance. Hmmm?
a
Speaking of surprises (!!!) did I ever get one on Wednesday. The day went along rather uneventfully. Shower, work, walk, shower. And then . . . standing in front of my closet trying to figure out what to wear . . . I listened to a voicemail from Holly (Doss). "Daddy says if you'll hurry up and get out here he'll take you up in his ultralight."
a
And all I can say is that the entire Davis family is lucky that I didn't show up in my birthday suit and with flames shooting from my posterior - like one of Craig's creations. In my scurry to get there I moved so fast that I put my workout clothes back on (?) but managed to have the presence of mind to grab some shiny red shoes and an Amelia-esque scarf. So there. My powers of accessorization were apparently on auto-pilot.
a
Oh!  And I can also tell you that there was not a single police officer between Vista Cirlce and the Plantation because I'm quite sure that they would have stopped me so that they could remind all passegers to "return their seats and traytables to the upright and locked position."
a
I arrived at the Red Barn in a cloud of red clay dust that had kicked up around my racecar, jumped out and ran over to the flying machine. Strapped in and wired for communication we taxied across the dove field - chased by Holly, Gunner & Dakota . . . what happened next abso-f-in-lutely BLEW - MY - MIND!!! People . . . I had an Air-Gasm.
a
Sittin on a bar . . . wind in my hair . . . adrenalin coursing through my veins . . . I had an air-gasm. An air-gasm, an air-gasm, an air-gasm.
a
It was so thrilling and so peaceful at the same time. It was mind boggling and it was exhillerating and it was, I imagine, the closest thing to being a bird that you can ever experience. I felt as if I had, literally, sprouted wings.
a
The sun was setting, making the trees and the earth below us look so rich and vibrant. It was so unbelievabley beautiful up there that it renewed my passion for the entire planet. I was floating and the wonder of it all filled me so completely that I was just euphoric. I'm tellin ya - four wheelers won't ever be the same after bein' with the flyin' machine. Once you've had the best - why settle for the rest?
a
As we landed, I wondered only one thing - when will I see my darling little flying machine again?


aS


Hot This Week! (Ooh Girl It Is Soooo . . . )


Chicken Salad! I was driving by White Lightening with Gentleman this weekend and pointed at the joint to tell him that they have the BEST chicken salad in the world. "Nope, he says . . . best chicken salad is at Georgia Bob's" Well, well, well. Same chicken salad - so got get yourself some right now.


Through September 20 – Theatre Macon presents “Moonlight and Magnolias” which imagines what went on in movie mogul David O. Selznick’s office when he shut down production on “Gone With the Wind,” and held hostage writer Ben Hecht and director Victor Fleming until together they re-wrote the screenplay. They take turns acting out many of the scenes as they craft what would eventually become the film beloved by so many. Call 478-746-9485 for tickets: $18 Adults, $15 Seniors, $12 Students. For more info visit.theatremacon.com. Theatre Macon, 438 Cherry Street, Macon.


Sex and the City at the Cox Capitol Theatre, Sept. 25th, 6pm - Movie at 9pm Cosmos & Tapas throughout the night Shopping & Hors d’oeuvres Contact: Nadia Osman 912-856-2964 or Joshua Rogers 478-397-2846


Nominate someone for Macon Arts' Annual Cultural Awards.


Step Right Up, Get Your Tickets Before They Sell Out . . .


Puccini's Madama Butterfly . . . Toast of the Townie, Laura Peacock will be in the chorus as a Geisha(!) and Fantasies of the Opera Ball.


Wicked - I saw it in New York, from dead center on the third row, and can say - without hesitation - that a Broadway Musical can change the way that you see the world! It's coming to Atlanta so don't miss it.

No comments: